Wednesday, October 10, 2007

October 10, 2007 - 20 Years of Marriage

So - I'm I bit behind in my blogging. Sorry about that but sometimes living life has got to take
priority over writing about it!

Can't tell we are a little excited to be going to the beach can you?
My wife and I have now celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary. Neither of us can believe it has been 20 years! We look around us at our two children, or home, our lives and out history and are just kind of in awe that we are where we are today. This was the first time we ever took a vacation just for the sake of the vacation and didn't spend it driving like hell for hour upon hour going to visit family. So we used all the frequent flier miles I've been racking up, and the points I've been earning with the Holiday Inn hotel chain, and we flew to Florida where we spent the week on the ocean! It was Melbourne Florida for those of you that know the area, and it was just gorgeous! A little off season so the beaches were virtually empty, but it was still warm weather and warm water and just awesome.


The view from our hotel room



The first day that we spent there we spent it on the beach. Each time a wave would come in my daughter would just laugh and giggle her little heart out and then run for the beach. Hour after hour of my favorite four year olds giggles - a very nice day.

The next day we went to Disney world. We had not told my daughter before hand as we thought it would be a neat surprise and frankly we also didn't want her to drive us nuts about when we were going, etc - I'm sure the parents reading this know what I mean. My daughter LOVES the Disney movies and we thought she would have a ball there.


She is especially fond of Cinderella and The Little Mermaid. She watches them back to back, over and over. As soon as it ends, she starts it again. We were therefore surprised and disappointed to find that she was more or less miserable there. She spent most of the day crying and complaining and just generally was not a happy little camper.




Meeting our hero! The only time I've ever seen my daughter speechless
The high moment was when she got to meet her hero - Cinderella!  
My daughter, the one with not a shy bone in her body, was speechless - she just would not talk to her all time hero. You would have to know my daughter to understand why this was so surprising. She typically does not have a shy bone in her body, is always very loud and out going, and loves to be the center of attention. For her to clam up and be quiet was nothing was nothing short of astounding! You can just see the hero worship in her posture here.




Well, we figured she was not very happy at Disney and she had a blast on the beach, so the next day we chose to skip Disney and stay on the beach. Once again the day was filled with laughter and giggles. She had so much fun that she cried when it was time to go to the airport and fly back home. My wife and I wanted to cry too, it was just a wonderful week.

No comments:

Post a Comment