Thursday, March 12, 2009

Texas Drivers License AND a Texas State ID

I've been doing a lot of flying femme these days, and I had begun to wonder of it would be possible to have both, A Texas Drivers License AND a Texas State ID. I'd keep my DL with my male pic, and get the ID as Kim, giving all the accurate and legal info, just having different pics. This way I'd have a legal state ID with my Kim pic on it to make it easier for anyone seeing my ID to accept that it was in fact me. Y'all know how the internet is, I've seen conflicting information - some saying it was legal and some saying it wasn't, so I went to the source. From their web page I sent the following email to the Texas Department of Public Safety (More or less the Texas DMV) and received the response making it clear that it IS legal: Questions/Comments: For reasons I'd rather not go in to unless I have
to, I'd like to know if it is legal to have both, a Texas DL AND a Texas
ID at the same time as long as they both are accurate and there is no
intent to defraud or give false information? Many thanks


And their response below:


Dear Mr. XXX,

Thank you for giving the Department the opportunity to respond to your
email request regarding your Texas driver license.

Per your request, it is legal to carry an id card and a drivers license.
Be sure that the address remains the same on both as well as keeping the
id card in a safe place incase you ever loose your drivers license you
will have proof of identity.

I hope this information is helpful. Please do not hesitate to contact
Customer Service at customerservicedl@txdps.state.tx.us or 512-424-2600
should you have additional questions or need further assistance.

Sincerely,


Angela Ibarra
Administrative Tech III
Driver License Division
Texas Department of Public Safety

So now it's time for another Kimberly gut/courage check! Gotta go to the DPS office dressed, fill out the paper work, and "Git er done!" I don't want to do it in my small town 'cause I figure half the population will know about it before my pic is even taken. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment