Saturday, April 18, 2009

Roanoke Virginia

Roanoke 2009 04 008
Well, the last day on my week long trip here was not a real good one personally or professionally. While it worked flawlessly the entire day before during the setup and training, today our Residual gas analyzer decided to fail. Turns out the main processor board has failed and that can't be replaced in the field due to programming and setup requirements. So dead in the water and nothing to be done about it here, so I headed south to Roanoke where my flight leaves in the morning. The other engineer from my company that surprised me by being here has gone home, so I was pretty much on my own.
In boy mode for the drive, I raided a couple of Goodwills and got nothing but curious looks from other shoppers for my trouble. No hidden treasures found. :-(

Got to my new hotel, cleaned up, and went shopping at Macy's and then saw the movie "Knowing". The movie was all right, but left me trying to decide if I'd just seen a Sci Fi or religious fantasy. A bit confused but still a worth while movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment